Saturday, February 14, 2009

100 Things About Me

1. I’ve always loved the Thunderbirds TV series.
2. I have a bad case of acid reflux.
3. I think I saw, or rather felt, a ghost once.
4. The 7 years that I lived in Okinawa were the best of my life.
5. I’ve always thought it was a mistake to come to Hawaii.
6. I like to collect wooden tikis.
7. People usually don’t give coffee to children, but my mother used to make me coffee (with a lot of cream and sugar) from when I was about 4.
8. When I was small I saw Japanese ghost movies that were so scary I still recall the frightening bits.
9. When I was small, I had sunburn so terrible you can still see the scars on my shoulders.
10. I was always lactose intolerant, but my mother never believed me and fed me milk anyway.
11. For about the last 16 months I’ve been surviving on 4 hours or less sleep each night. I have no idea how I’m still alive.
12. I weigh about the same as in high school
13. I think I’m stronger than in high school. I was not much for exercise back then.
14. I was born in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan in 1954.
15. When I met a girl and saw her social security number, I was convinced that we were destined to be together. The last 4 digits of her SSN number was the same as the last 4 digits of our telephone in Okinawa.
16. I remember seeing the torch runner for the Tokyo Olympics in 1964. He ran through our little town of Sugita in Yokohama.

No comments: